Performs and appropriately documents daily maintenance, lot numbers, quality
control, minor troubleshooting and unusual situations as required on various
instruments; Follows the laboratory’s established procedures for
performing stat, routine, special and/or complex testing in their assigned
department and evaluates the results; Communicates with co-workers, lab
staff, nursing units and physicians; Takes corrective action for problems
that may adversely affect test performance or immediately notify the supervisor.
- B.S./A.S. degree and completion of an accredited MT/MLT program including
- Registration by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent
- One year of specifically applicable clinical laboratory experience preferred.
- Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance
or reporting of test results
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job and to meet its functional
and environmental requirements