The 2020 Scholarship application deadline has passed.
Health Career Scholarship Program
Daviess County Health Education Scholarships
Daviess Community Hospital Foundation makes scholarship awards through
two scholarship programs:
The Health Careers Scholarship Program: Up to $1,500 may be awarded for each scholarship recipient selected.
The Helen Arthur Memorial Scholarship Award: An additional $500 scholarship is also available to a student pursuing
a nursing degree. The scholarship is named to honor Helen Arthur, a local
resident who was unable to fulfill her desire to become a nurse after
contracting tuberculosis. The scholarship recognizes a Washington Homemaker’s
established and named a Helen Arthur Memorial Educational Loan Fund for students
pursuing medical careers in 1954. In 2006, the group gifted the balance
of the fund to the DCH Foundation to support the scholarship program.
- Accepted to or attending an accredited educational institution of higher learning.
- Pursuing a degree in the field of health care, with the intention of pursuing
that career in the Daviess Community Hospital service area. Eligible paths
of study should prepare the student for a career that will contribute
to the improvement of the health of those living in our community. If
you have questions whether your path of study qualifies, please call the
DCH Foundation office at 812-254-8858 or email ASteiner@dchosp.org.
- Live in Daviess, Martin, or Pike County or is a dependent of a Daviess
Community Hospital full or part-time employee, regardless of residence.
- Awardees are eligible to receive a scholarship award in two scholarship
award cycles. They do not have to be consecutive.
- Full and part-time students are eligible.
- Scholarship funds may be used to cover tuition, books, room and board,
uniforms, and other reasonable expenses. Funds are paid directly to the
- Only one application is required to be eligible for both scholarship programs
if the individual is pursuing a nursing degree.
- All applications and/or attachments must be typed and double-spaced.
- Applications that do not supply all requested information and/or attachments
and do not meet scholarship guidelines and/or deadlines will not be considered.
Please call 812-254-8858 or
email us for more information.
How do I apply? DEADLINE HAS PASSED. .