Women's Health Services
Center offers women's health therapy services to help women achieve optimal
health at every stage of life. Whether it is for preventative or healing
services, CORE Center therapists are the experts women can trust. Our
women's health therapy services specializes in the following conditions
and treatment options:
- Scar Management from Breast Cancer
- Diastasis Recti
- Prenatal and Postnatal Care
- Sacral Dysfunction
- Urinary Frequency and Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation is physical therapy treatment for muscle dysfunction
of the pelvis.
• 1 in 4 women older than 18 experience episodes of involuntarily
• 1 in 5 adults are affected by overactive bladder symptoms of urgent
or frequent urination.
• 1 in 7 American women age 18 to 50 experience pelvic pain and 61
percent have no diagnosis or treatment options.
Your physical therapist will plan care and goals according to your functional
limitations and deficits. Treatment may include exercises, biofeedback,
electrical stimulation, soft tissue mobilization, trigger point techniques,
skin care education and bladder retraining.
The physical therapy evaluation may include:
• A detailed subjective history.
• Musculoskeletal system review.
• Internal and external examination of the pelvic floor muscles.•
• A home exercise program
Problems with pelvic floor muscles are frequently associated with common
female issues. Some of those may be related to:
• Pain with intercourse
• Urinary urge or frequency
• History of constipation
• Lower back pain
• Long labor or pushing
• Traumatic childbirth/delivery
• Abdominal surgery