- Post and balance all payments and contractual adjustments received in an
accurate and timely manner in compliance with departmental policies and
procedures within 2 systems.
- Post all zero-pay Explanation of Benefits (deductibles)
- Post appropriate denial and other reason codes
- Appropriately research and/or forward any payment needing additional information
- Problem solve
- Meet and maintain working knowledge of workflow, systems, and tools used
in the department
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission
and Value Statement"
May fill in for Switchboard: if so will do the following...
- Operates current call handling systems and directs calls to appropriate
- Performs dispatching of routine and stat requests to ensure that incidents
of incomplete or incorrect information do not occur.
- Monitors all alarm systems and initiates codes when necessary as instructed.
- Provides general hospital and or patient information to the public as requested.
- Performs Answering Services duties for various departments and offices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HS diploma or GED. Excellent customer and clerical experience needed. Candidate
must demonstrate ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks
accurately in short timeframes. Must be able to work quickly and accurately
in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands. Must be able
to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player; demonstrates
adaptability, analytical and problem solving skills. Must have high attention
to detail; and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance
and reconcile figures. Job can require long periods of sitting, standing
and walking as well as repetitve standing and sitting and periods of lifting.
Preferred qualifications: Problem solving skills and excellent math skills.
Knowledge of reading EOB.