Wound Care Center
Advanced Wound Treatment in Daviess County
A typical wound should show some sign of recovery within a week after the
initial injury. If you have a wound that has improved in this time, it
is time to seek medical care. The Daviess Community Hospital Wound Care
Center specializes in diagnosing non-healing wounds and developing an
effective treatment plan. We utilize a team approach that involves medical
staff and patient working together to devise an optimal recovery plan.
Wound care treatment plans may include:
- One-on-one instruction with patients and family
- Referrals to home care services
- Home bandage delivery when applicable
- Multiple weekly visits with the wound care team
We accept patients of all ages suffering from open wounds, whether it be
acute or chronic. Ask your primary care physician for a referral if you
believe you need advanced wound care.
Don’t Wait to Treat an Open Wound
Most wounds will be able to heal without causing any long term damage,
but only if they are properly cleaned and cared for. It is important to
keep an eye on your wound and be on the lookout for any signs of infection.
Know the symptoms of an non-healing wound:
- Blue or yellow discoloration around the wound
- Wound is just as painful or more painful since the initial incident
- Pus or other substance has been leaking from wound
- Wounded area has begun to well and taken on a reddish color
- Foul odor coming from the wound
If you have any of the above symptoms, speak with your primary care provider
and get a referral as soon as possible. Immediate appointments are available.
We accept most insurances including Medicaid and most commercial insurances,
including Anthem, Sagamore, and United Healthcare. Please contact us if
you have a question about your coverage.
Click here for the Wound Care Clinic Registration Form
Wound Care Center
300 NE 14th St
Washington, Indiana 47501
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: 812-254-6824
- Fax: 812-254-9031