Provides direct and indirect patient care in the emergency care setting.
Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility
indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision.
Is able to triage safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient that enters
the emergency care system. Determines priorities of care based on physical
and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through
the system. Communicates with Emergency Department physicians about changes
in patient's status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies.
Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Indiana Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Current BCLS, ACLS and PALS certification.
- TNCC within 2nd year.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia course.
- Basic computer knowledge.