Provides direct patient care to pediatric through geriatric patient populations.
Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related
to the surgical environment. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist
continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists surgeon during
operative and invasive procedures in scrub role. Assists with maintenance
of surgical equipment and inventory. Assists with the maintenance of PACU
equipment and inventory. Participate in performance improvement activities.
Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains
supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of surgical
operating team are met. Monitors, positions and assists patient during
procedure. Responsible for monitoring patient’s physiological status
in the immediate postoperative environment.
- Experienced licensed RN in Indiana
- Available for on call and holidays.
- At least 1 year experience.
- BLS required
- ACLS and PALS certified - current or willing to obtain
- Must be able to take call, be flexible, and be a team player with a positive attitude.