Coronavirus (COVID-19): Updated March 25, 2020
As cases of community spread of COVID-19 increase, Daviess Community Hospital
continues to diligently monitor and respond to this evolving situation
to protect our patients, associates and the communities we serve. This
website is updated daily and we encourage you to check back regularly
for new information.
The Daviess Community Help Line is: 812-254-2764.
Call BEFORE you plan a trip to the Hospital, Emergency Room or any DCH
Clinic, if you have any symptoms or concerns regarding the Coronavirus.
Hospital and Clinic Visitor Restrictions (as of 3/19/20):
Daviess Community Hospital will NO LONGER allow visitors in the hospital.
DCH has implemented these new measures to ensure we are doing everything
we can to keep our patients, their loved ones and our teammates safe during
these unprecedented times. We appreciate your understanding during this
difficult time. The restrictions are subject to change, as the CDC provides guidance.
Additionally, all non-essential vendors and contractors are prohibited
from hospital facilities while these restrictions are in place.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to protect our patients
and health care staff.
NO Visitors will be allowed except for the following:
- OB patients may have ONE visitor.
- Surgical patients may have ONE visitor.
- Chemotherapy or infusion patients may have ONE visitor.
- Pediatric patients admitted to the hospital, may have ONE parent/guardian.
VERY LIMITED visitors at the discretion of the staff
- End of life scenarios
The hospital will continue to conduct screenings at the Main entrance,
Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5 pm. and at the Emergency Room entrance
24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Entrance to the hospital after 5 pm
will only be allowed through the Emergency Room Department.
All patients and visitors will be
screened (NOT TESTED) with the following questions:
- Have you had fever in the past 48 hours?
- Have you had diarrhea or vomiting in the past 48 hours?
- Are you currently experiencing any shortness of breath, cough, sore throat,
etc. that is NOT explainable and is infectious?
- Have you had contact with someone known or suspected to have Coronavirus?
Cafeteria will be
CARRY OUT ONLY. No one will be permitted to eat in the dining area.
- All meals from the cafeteria will be in disposable ware (to-go containers,
plastic ware, etc)
- Our goal is to limit the number of individuals in cafeteria to <10 at
- Salad/Sandwich Bar will no longer be in operation and will be replaced
with “Grab and Go” options for Pre-made Salad and Sandwiches
NEW HOURS for Cafeteria Services. Monday through Friday Only. Closed on weekends.
Breakfast 7 to 9 am
Lunch 11 am to 1:15 pm
Supper 4:30 pm to 6 pm