|Daviess Community Hospital is dedicated to delivering professional medical care with a personal touch to make the best experience possible for our patients. This Patient/Visitor information area provides information to help you and those close to you during a hospital stay.
The Information Desk is located inside the main entrance. Attendants are available to assist with room direction and other information.
We understand the importance of visitors for our patients' emotional, mental and spiritual well-being. Family, friends and clergy may visit during the hours listed below. Please be advised, visitors may be asked by staff to leave, especially if a patient needs rest. Any visitor with symptoms or signs of a communicable illness or disease should not visit the hospital. Also, due to infection control guidelines, children under a certain age may not visit specific areas, as indicated below.
General Medical/Surgical Units
Labor and Delivery Unit
- To provide an environment where the patient can be supported by family members during their hospitalization yet allow medical staff to provide the highest level of care, visitors will be allowed in LDR based upon the patient’s condition and at the discretion of the attending physician/nurse in consultation with the patient.
- Additional visitors are welcome to wait in the family lounge area, which is located on the LDR unit.
- Visiting hours are tailored to fit the needs of our patients. Please check with the nurse about appropriate visiting hours for your loved one by calling 812.254.8852.
Acute Rehabilitation Unit
- In general, visiting hours are limited to daily after 3 p.m. to allow patients to fully participate in their rehabilitation program. Please check with the nurse about appropriate visiting hours for your loved one by calling 812.254.8887.
Transitions Behavioral Unit
- Check with the unit regarding visitation hours by calling 812.254.8886.
Visitors are welcome to use the main parking lot in the front of the hospital.
There are several lounges throughout the hospital on the various units. Family and friends of those having surgery may want to stay in the surgery lounge located next to the same day surgery unit.
A customer service representative is available to answer specific financial questions or to receive a payment Monday through Friday off the main lobby of the hospital.
Concerns or Questions
If there is a concern regarding patient care, please notify the caregiver, the nurse manager, or the house supervisor. If you need immediate assistance after regular business hours, contact the charge nurse or nurse supervisor. They can be reached by calling the hospital operator at 812.254.2760.
In most cases, cell phones and pagers may be used in the hospital. Please check with the nurse prior to using your mobile device.
The Daviess Community Hospital Campus is smoke-free - no smoking is allowed.
There are several nearby hotels in Washington. Speak with your nurse if you need assistance in finding lodging.