Find a Physician
Patient & Visitors
News & Events
Careers at DCH!
Opportunities for Physicians
Prepare for Your Test
General Surgery Services
Joint Replacement at DCH - a Patient's Point of View
For Our Employees
For Our Providers
Newsletter - Spring 2013 Issue
Community Benefits & Survey
Meet Our CEO
Online Bill Pay
GERD Treatment Center
Disease and Illness
Health and Wellness
Physicians & Health Professionals
If you’ll be lighting the sky with fireworks this Independence Day, make sure you, your friends and family members follow these safety tips:
• Always have an adult supervise children around fireworks, and never let small children handle or light fireworks.
• Keep water nearby with a garden hose and bucket.
• Wear eye protection when lighting fireworks, and back away from a firework as soon as it’s lit.
• Never re-light a “dud” firework.
• Never throw fireworks or point them at people or animals.
• Dispose of fireworks by first soaking them in water and then putting them in a trashcan.
Source: National Council on Fireworks Safety,
Eastside Park, Washington
photo by Kelly Overton, Washington Times-Herald
Top of Page
Notice of Privacy Practices
Copyright 2012, Daviess Community Hospital
1314 East Walnut Street - PO Box 760 - Washington, Indiana 47501 - (812) 254-2760
delivering professional medical care with a personal touch